Toshiba Warranty for Memory Products
Toshiba Memory Products (USB Flash Drives and SD Cards) are warranted against defect in materials for five years from the date of purchase.
Please note that, If you bought the Toshiba memory product from a shop, then guarantee claims can only be made with the shop which sold you the product. Please contact the shop for information on the repair procedure.
Statement for Appropriate Purchase of Toshiba Products
Please be aware that there may be cases where parallel imports of Toshiba products shipped to countries or regions outside of the destinations intended by Toshiba (“Parallel Imports”) are marketed. Such Parallel Imports are not covered under warranty by Toshiba. Please contact the dealer or retailer from which you have purchased such Parallel Imports for available warranty, if any.
Please be aware that there may be cases where counterfeit goods, including but not limited to goods that infringe Toshiba trademarks or patents (“Counterfeit Goods”), are marketed. Such Counterfeit Goods are not covered under warranty by Toshiba. Please contact the dealer or retailer from which you have purchased such Counterfeit Goods for available warranty, if any.
Toshiba Warranty for Solid State Drives
Coverage of the Warranty
Toshiba warrants any Toshiba solid state drive (“SSD”) first sold to an end-user to be free from defects in components and workmanship under normal use.
Duration of warranty period:
– External SSD´s series (including wireless SSD): 3 years
– Internal SSD´s: 3 years (SSD´s Pro, VX and RD series: 5 years)
The warranty period commences on the date of purchase. Your original purchase invoice (sales receipt), showing the date of purchase, model number and serial number of the SSD, is your proof of the date of purchase.
This warranty represents a Carry-In warranty service and is only applicable in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle-East and Africa) where Toshiba or its Authorised Service Providers are located. in some parts of some countries, a Pick-Up & Return warranty service may be provided. You can process the claim for your defective SSD online through the Toshiba website: https://toshiba.storrepair.com/.
In case warranty applies, customer has to get in touch with the SSD provider (the place where the device was originally purchased from). They will ensure that the RMA process will be issued and concluded with the end customer.
This Warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Warranty Exclusions and Disclaimer
The Warranty with respect to your SSD is subject to the following exclusions and limitations:
The Warranty does not extend to:
1. any SSD not manufactured by or for Toshiba, or sold to an end-user in a country not covered under this Warranty.
2. any SSD that has been damaged or rendered defective
(a) as a result of use of the SSD other than for its normal intended use, failure to use the SSD in accordance with the User’s Manual that accompanies the SSD, or other misuse, abuse or negligence to the SSD;
(b) by the use of parts not manufactured or sold by Toshiba;
(c) by modification of the SSD;
(d) as a result of service by anyone other than Toshiba;
(e) by improper transportation or packing when returning the SSD to the ASP or
(f) by improper installation of third party products (e. g. cables).
3. any SSD or parts thereof from which labels or serial numbers have been modified or made illegible.
4. loss of any, or damage to data (e. g. pictures or videos, “data”). You are responsible for saving (backing up) any data. As a result, Toshiba does not warrant or cover any financial or other loss, caused by data loss. Toshiba may opt to replace the SSD submitted for warranty services with a manufactured SSD of equal SSD may become permanently inaccessible to you.
5. fair wear and tear of consumable parts, i. e. parts that require periodic replacement during the normal course of the SSD usage, including without limitations, batteries, AC adaptors, AC/USB/AV cable, remote control or appearance parts.
6. Cosmetic damages such as scratches and dents, scratched, faded or discoloured covers and plastics. Toshiba is not liable for any transport/ delivery/ insurance costs, import duties, taxes, licensing fees and any charges from telephone/ fax communication as consequence of the failure of the SSD.
7. Toshiba supplies no warranty, either expressed or implied, for any bundled software, its quality, performance, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor does Toshiba warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet your requirements or that the operation will be uninterrupted or error-free. As a result, unless otherwise stated in writing, the software is sold “as is”.
8. Toshiba warranty does not cover any hardware connected to/ with the SSD.
b) Disclaimer of Warranty
Except for the express warranty provided and to the extent permitted by applicable law. Toshiba, its Authorised Resellers or Authorised Service Providers do not issue any warranty or guarantee for your SSD. Toshiba expressly excludes any other liability, whether expressed or implied, to the fullest extent allowed by the law. In particular, but without limit to the generality of the exclusion, any implied terms as to merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and/ or non-infringement of third party rights are excluded whether in contract or tort. Any implied warranties that may be imposed by law are limited in duration to the term of the express warranty given by Toshiba to the extent permitted by applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Toshiba or its supplier be liable for (1) damage to, or loss or corruption of data or removable storage media, or (2) any damages whatsoever (including direct or indirect damages, loss of business profits, lost savings or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages whether for breach of warranty, contact, strict liability, tort or otherwise) arising out of or resulting from the use of or inability to use the products and/ or the enclosed written materials, even if Toshiba, its supplier, an authorized Toshiba representative, service provider or dealer have been advised of the possibility of such damages or of any claim by any third party. Any liability of Toshiba or its supplier which is not excluded shall be limited to the purchase price of the SSD.
Obtaining Warranty Service
Your Toshiba Warranty includes a Carry-In warranty service. The warranty service will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Consult the User’s Manual accompanying your SSD for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot your SSD
a. Note down SSD na.e model number, serial number and a description of the problem; (e. g. error messages that appear on the screen) as well as a proof of purchase. For further information on the Toshiba range of external and internal storage solutions contact your reseller or visit the Toshiba website: https://business.toshiba-memory.com/de-de/top.html or www.toshiba-memory.com
If you have a defective Toshiba memory product and you wish to claim for warranty, please contact our European customer service:
+49 (0) 211 5382 71 71